Monday, October 10, 2011

Microblogging on the Twitter World!


I have recently been exploring different social networking sites for teachers. I have learned that there are many ways to use microblogs for teaching and learning purposes.  From the best colleges online blog, I learned 28 creative ways that Twitter can be used for teachers. Some of the most fascinating ideas that I read were to share stories, make announcements, communicate with parents, vocab word of the day, review, or even a scavenger hunt.  Twitter can also be used to share links/information just like The Anatomy of a Tweet describes about some great resources and websites for teachers! In a simple tweet, we can get a big message such as a website or place to go for materials. Who doesn’t love FREE websites for teachers! I have found great power points, worksheets, and more that have definitely saved me some time while planning!!

3 comments:

Maryanne said...

You chose two very informative articles, but you need to make the link to the second one from the title of the post instead of links/information. In the future please remember that the way to link is to write out the titles and then make a link.

Senorita Tischer said...

Dr. Burgos,

I changed the links in this post. I will keep this in mind for the future.

Thanks!
Kristen

Maryanne said...

Bien hecho!