Monday, November 7, 2011

My Own Digital Story

I decided to archive/recycle a digital story to try it out myself. What a neat idea! The digital story that I found was all about family. It had pictures of different family members on each slide. Underneath the pictures, I was able to change/type whatevery I wanted. In this instance, I kept it short and sweet and wrote the family vocabulary words in English on the left page and in Spanish on the right page. After searching through the archives on the pimpampum website, I thought of so many ways that Digital Storytelling could be incorporated into the classroom and different lessons. It can be used with any vocabulary lesson that you are teaching where it be nouns or verbs or adjectives. You can include a picture and type the correct vocabulary word underneath it. This is especially great for all of the visual learners. Another idea that I had was to do a cultural story. For example, students can create a story about their own culture meaning how they celebrate different holidays or even different foods they eat or activities they participate in in their own lives. We could compare these things with a Spanish country and see the similarities and differences between our own lives and theirs. My own digital story can be found at Spanish LAI 590 so that you can see how it works! This is a great tool for educators and I think that there are many ways that I can incorporate it into my Spanish class.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

You found a good book to recycle. It's too bad that for some reason the pages for family don't show up.